
I had been pondering and working on an idea regards a new Patriotic Political initiative, along lines of a 'Land & Liberty' Movement. I for a long time had been thinking on matters of land ownership, mindful of campaigns in Ireland as 'Who Owns Ireland' and Anti - Cheque Book Conquest campaigns. All of which I became aware of when I lived in Ireland, upon my return to Wales I did participate in development of a movement 'Mudiad y Werin' which was concerned with similar issues.
.
My interest was renewed in such direction when I returned to a study of Rhyfel y Sais Bach 1826, and I am still researching in this land ownership area, past and present. But it was recently reading material by Swansea Cllr Ioan Richards on subject of the Duke of Beaufort, and his ownership of Land in Wales which prompted me to further consider the aforementioned 'Land & Liberty' initiative, see below links for further information on the Duke of Beaufort:
.
Duke of Beaufort criticised over £280000 footbridge bill - Telegraph
6 Jan 2009 ... The Duke of Beaufort, one of Britain's wealthiest landowners, ... Mr Richard, who has urged more powers for the Welsh Assembly, ... An easement is the right that one property owner has over the land of another. ...www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/4141987/Duke-of-Beaufort-criticised-over-280000-footbridge-bill.html - Similar pages
6 Jan 2009 ... The Duke of Beaufort, one of Britain's wealthiest landowners, ... Mr Richard, who has urged more powers for the Welsh Assembly, ... An easement is the right that one property owner has over the land of another. ...www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/4141987/Duke-of-Beaufort-criticised-over-280000-footbridge-bill.html - Similar pages
.
Save Our Common Mountain Environment
Local Councillor Ioan Richard ioan.richard@swansea.gov.uk. Planning Department, City And County Of Swansea, County Hall Swansea, SA1 3SN ...www.socme.org/whatcanyoudo.htm - 8k - Cached - Similar pages
Local Councillor Ioan Richard ioan.richard@swansea.gov.uk. Planning Department, City And County Of Swansea, County Hall Swansea, SA1 3SN ...www.socme.org/whatcanyoudo.htm - 8k - Cached - Similar pages
.
Recently my attention was captured by a new body in North Eastern Wales, a 'Peoples Council', see link following link:
http://www.righttobewelsh.com/ this is the best thing, politically I have come across in years. Not only do I congratulate those behind this excellent initiative but I urge one and all to support them in their efforts and endeavours to defend the North Eastern March from further English Colonialism. Indeed I would suggest that patriots give some priority consideration to establish such 'Peoples Councils' throughout our Eastern March, in Powys and down into the border areas of Gwent or as part of it is now known ''Monmouthshire'' in particular. I resist consideration of same in pura Wallia aka 'Tiroedd Cunedda' due to existence of Cymuned in this region, although possibly the South Western March, not least ''Pembs'' might be in need of a broad based 'Peoples Council' and all an eventual Anti - Colonial Struggle.
.
Essentially, that marks out all of old Marcher Walliae as requiring the setting up of 'Peoples Councils' which I see as first steps towards establishing a Welsh 'PEOPLES ANTI - COLONIAL MOVEMENT'. Although, I would not encourage a rush to such end, indeed I would feel it appropriate first to get Brit and Assembly elections out of the way, and a referendum on a Welsh Parliament out of the way too! So some time to give good consideration to a great deal and not least keep eye on how the North East March 'Peoples Council' gets on.
.
.
To add further ingredients to the mix, I draw every ones attention to the below, this idea of a TARIAN CYMRU was put forward in a pamphlet issued at an Eisteddfod Abertawe, not so far back. I do not know why but nothing came of the idea which I also thought was excellent, perhaps it got no where because WIP was still in business at this time. Whatever, in association with all I have said above, I hope the below is reconsidered too (as well do search on web for an Owain Glyndwr Communicates post entitled 'Defending Heritage in the Landscape).
.




.
Anyway, some food for thought!
.
Gethin Gruffydd.