Tuesday, May 11, 2010

INTERMISSION or is it INTERREGNUM? Whatever, while they chose their Leaders/Kings, lets go to the movies.

.....
Some great Medieval Films on line this summer as:

* Robin Hood.
* Iron Clad.
* 1066.
* Black Death.
.
Chase up the 'Trailers' on the web.The first three were mostly filmed in Wales, also filmed in part in Wales was Clash of the Titans, although in the credits they got Dinorwic Quarry down as being in England? Complain to the Welsh Film Commissionas they should be taking care of this sort of mistake. The WFC often boast how good for Wales such films will be regards bringing in Tourists, get away with it! It's Robin Hood Country and 1066 Country that will benefit.
.
Please WFC wake up we need a Welsh Medieval Film, or why not Cordell's 'Rape of the Fair Country' what's the problem? Too many 'Insiders' grabbing film grants to make films, in both Cymraeg and English that do not put bums on seats at the Cinema, ain't that the truth? Works something like this in Wales, go grab a grant, make a 'Vanity' showcase film, get attention and head for Hollywood until they do not make it, return to Wales and grab some more film grants. Until thy realise thy got no film making talent at all, and worm themselves ino some 'consultancy job' or some minor media job back in the 'old country'.
.
Whatever? also watch out for 410 AD Anniversary fllms; Eagle of the Ninth and Centurion both made in Scotland, Scotish history so Scotland definatly will benefit, yes! What do we get, more S4C films and some BBC Wales films and, in both cases more or less very 'Gog & Crachach' and 'Valley & Taffia' subject matter. EPIC STUFF!!!!.
.
Whatever, for something Welsh we have to look to the smalls creen, something about Diana's wedding coming up on BBC.While on ITV look out for something on FWA/'69 'I Was There Series', I was asked to participate but declined. I am filming my own 'Going Back' documemtary with associates, I hope to turn out a DVD by 2015? After, I pack all this blogging in I willbe able to focus on this poroposed film/DVD and my book on being a 'Welsh Remembrancer' and Adfywiadwr Gwladgarol for some 45 years. However, I am aiming to retire from all this 2016, if have course I have not joined my 'Old Comrades' whoare all passing away all to fast and all to sadly!.
.
Have some good summer viewing.
.
Hwyl!
.
Gethin.